Biohacking is a term I came across a few years ago that I have become more and more intrigued with. It seems more experts in the field of peak human performance such as, Dave Asprey, Ben Greenfield, Tim Ferris, etc. are into biohacking. So, what is biohacking? Wikipedia defines biohacking as “managing one’s own biology using a combination of medical, nutritional and electronic techniques. This may include the use of nootropics, non-toxic substances, and/or cybernetic devices for recording biometric data. My interpretation of biohacking is that it is anything you utilize to dupe your body and/or mind into better performance. It can also mean utilizing methods and technology to speed up these changes or improvements. If you use my definition, and are training at Alliance, you are already a biohacker. It is just a matter of to what degree. The first steps in biohacking are maximizing the effects of the fundamentals.
4. Stress mitigation
5. Mental work
I have decided to take my own biohacking to another level in 2017. I realize I am not getting any younger but what I do have, at this time in my life, is more knowledge and experience than ever before. I also have access to more information and technology than ever before. If you are a member of Alliance, you have access to me which means you have access to everything I do. I will keep you abreast of what I am doing for my own personal biohacking and what the results are.
The process works like this:
1. Decide what it is you want to work on
2. Measure what you want to improve
3. Implement and track your new strategy
4. Track your progress my measuring at regular intervals
5. Make a decision about the efficacy of the strategy based on the results. If you are getting positive results, continue or tweak in order to continue progress. If you are not getting results, first, insure you were implementing the strategy consistently and correctly, then either discontinue strategy or tweak and test again.
Our online nutrition coaching program demonstrates how this process works. The program consist of:
1. 12 months of daily nutrition lessons
2. Specific daily habits to be implementing and integrating every 2 weeks
3. Daily accountability ( did you study the lesson/ did you do the habit for the day)
4. Periodic measurement (body composition, weight, pictures)
The program has a proven track record of results, in terms of body and health transformation. If you are following the program with at least 90% compliance you can expect results. If you are not compliant, then you simply need to get on track with the plan. If you are 90% or more compliant but are not getting expected results then there can be tweaks or hacks to the plan.
Looking forward to making 2018 extraordinary!
Commit, Show Up, Don’t Quit, Be Uncommon,